The Makeup Show LA Survival Guide is for my newbies or anyone who gets easily scatter brained in the site of everything beauty. Yes even pros are beauty junkies I.e. me! So here are some tips to get in and out of The Makeup Show LA with your sanity, and bank account still intact.
1. Budget I hate the B word too but if you carry your card with a pretty limit you will shop and shop little amounts and at the end realize all those little purchases worked to be upwards of 1000 dollars.
2. Make A List create a list of your needs and one for your wants and prioritize them
3. Carry Cash for obvious reasons like staying on budget and not spending too much but also some vendors will give you deals especially on the last day.
4. Get Educated The makeup show selects the best of the best in order to give you a wide array of knowledge not only makeup products but techniques, their personal testimonials on how they’ve acquired success and how you can find your niche in a business that is saturated but still full of opportunity.
5.Ask Questions & Be observant this is the time to learn all you can for an amazing price make sure when you’re going to the different keynotes and demos that you bring a notepad or your gadget of note taking choice. Don’t just ask about makeup products that’s great but technique is important. Take pictures so you can remember and follow them on social media you never know when it can turn into a learning or career opportunity.
6. Be Nice & Bring Business Cards like your American Express you should never leave home without it and make sure to network, network and network your peers are your greatest asset, and while a big world the beauty world is small you’ll likely see them again. Make sure to send an email or text almost immediately after receiving it that way they’ll remember you and you can save to your contacts.
7. Plan Your Path Sounds deep right but no make sure to look through the pamphlet you receive at the start of the show figure out what brands you want to see or don’t know and want to check out as well as schedule into your phone which keynotes and demos you don’t want to miss make sure to leave 15-30 minutes before the popular ones to get a good seat. I’ve also included a map which shows all the brands and where they are located so you can’t get lost or to skip the ones that could be traps.
8. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @MissMerli I’ll be showcasing new exciting brands, old goodies, amazing artists and tweeting quotes for inspiration. Oh and amazing deals not to miss.